Tuesday, September 29, 2009

25 Great Country Music Artists Singing Their Famous Original Hits



Does it get any better than this? There's something special about 50's Country to me. It was in a strange spot - between pop and hillbilly, which, come to think of it, that country music is still in today. Anyway. I pulled this record out again last night - it's long been my favorite 50's Country Compilation. Easily.




A1 Roy Acuff - Wabash Cannonball
A2 Bill Anderson - Still
A3 Eddy Arnold - Bouquet of Roses
A4 Bobby Bare - Detroit City
A5 Johnny Bond - Cimarron
A6 Johnny Cash - I Walk the Line
A7 Patsy Cline - I Fall to Pieces
A8 Dave Dudley - Six Days on the Road
A9 Red Foley - Chattanooga Shoe Shine Boy
A10 Lefty Frizzell - If You've Got the Money (I've Got the Time)
A11 Don Gibson - I Can't Stop Loving You
A12 Pee Wee King - Tennessee Waltz

B1 Roger Miller - You Don't Want My Love in the Summertime
B2 George Morgan - Candy Kisses
B3 Buck Owens - Act Naturally
B4 Ray Price - Heartaches by the Number
B5 Jim Reeves - He'll Have to Go
B6 Tex Ritter - Rye Whiskey
B7 Marty Robbins - Singing the Blues
B8 Hank Snow - I'm Moving On
B9 Hank Thompson - Humpty Dumpty Heart
B10 Merle Travis - So Round, So Firm, So Fully Packedd
B11 Ernest Tubb - Walking the Floor Over You
B12 Kitty Wells - It Wasn't God Who Make Honky Tonk Angels
B13 Hank Williams - Your Cheatin' Heart

No comments:

Post a Comment