Thursday, August 14, 2014

Cincinnati Kid

Now in lovely Cincinnati for a few days..  I do love Ohio in the late summer.

Drive soundtrack:
  •  Dylan - Love and Theft - My first full listen in at least a year.  And it's amazing to me how well it holds up (and holds together).
  •  PJ Harvey - To Bring You My Love / Dry - Because I'm on a PJ Harvey kick.  And I couldn't find Stories from the City.. this morning
  • Blueprint (Jay-Z) / Good Kid M.A.A.D City (Kendrick Lamar) / Watch the Throne (Jay / Kanye) - Made the miles fly by
  • Jack White - Lazaretto / White Stripes Icky Thump - Lazaretto is growing on me.  Particularly "Willing and Able."  Icky Thump hasn't aged as well as I'd hoped.  There's some filler. 
  • Jessica Lea Mayfield - Tell Me.  Ohio stories on Ohio roads.
And thinking about music in this city..  King Records, Shake It's Anthology of Cincinnati Blues, the Afghan Whigs..

No comments:

Post a Comment